October 08, 2007
Vonage (NYSE VG) settled their patent dispute with Sprint (NYSE PCS) undoubtedly because neither of the two are doing particularly well. VG is up about 125% today which is up significantly from $1 when it hit bottom on the Verizon patent news. It's still not smooth sailing for Vonage. Looking at the balance sheet, Vonage has about $400 million in cash. The Sprint settlement is for $80 million which brings cash down to $320 million. If a settlement with Verizon is made for a similar amount, cash will be $240 million. The company is burning around $40 million per quarter so it has about 1.5 years in cash left. Vonage will need to raise money soon, sell, or go BK and be known for its stupid and funny and sometimes odd television commercials.
- Is Bank of America Ripping Customers Off?
- Monika Kurowska - Did She Kill His Pregnant Girlfr...
- George Clooney's $100,000 Bet Against Himself
- Jeri Thompson Trophy Wife
- Perez Hilton Gets a Black Eye
- China Automative Revs Up Its Engine Again!
- The Great Tea Bubble of China
- Food Technology Service Ensures Food Safety
- Tianchi Lake Houses China's Loch Ness Monsters
- Mirthala Salinas Sleeps Her Way to the Top