« Home | China Stocks! China Stocks! China Stocks! » | Chinese A-Share H-Share Arbitrage Trade Goes on » | e-Future Information Technology Rocks Again » | Teen Sues Virgin Mobile for Stealing Her Flickr Ph... » | China Eastern Airlines and China Southern Are on F... » | Arab Man Hides Sex Toy in Very Large Sausage » | Fire Fighters Set Fire to Cracker Barrel » | Is China Launching the Nuclear Option on Dollar Sa... » | Is the Bin Laden Trade On? Saudi Arabia Breaks Dol... » | Angelo Mozilo is a Real Insider Trading Putz »

September 21, 2007

ZVUE Rocks Again

posted by MR WAVETHEORY at 9/21/2007 06:52:00 AM
A stock that is so highly volatile that it makes my head spin is Handheld Entertainment (Nasdaq ZVUE). If there is one stock with more style than substance, it's ZVUE. They have made at least 5 acquisitions in the past year that I can count and each has been in the video sharing space. Most of these are has beens in the video sharing space and they are purporting that they are the fastest growing site in August 2007 according to Comscore. I have no doubt that is probably true, but that's because they bought a site called eBaumsworld which brought in quite a bit of traffic. I'd be careful with this one. The stock is up 40% today on the Comscore report. I have a gut feeling that the only people trading this stock is probably the company itself.

Update: ZVUE float is 8.9 million shares. Too many shares to make this a real short squeeze candidate. Plus, the insiders are dumping.

Previous Posts

2 Comments:

Blogger Davis Freeberg said...

The move is probably mostly tied to the Comscore report, but it's worth noting that someone started a spam campaign last night, on the financial stock boards. I think that most stocks wouldn't be impacted by this, but between the frothy Comscore release and the microcap valuation, it could be contributing to the sharp run up.

I think it makes for a good story, but they do seem to publish a lot of press releases for an unproven business model. All that traffic (and growth) has to be worth something, but I'm not sure how I would even start going about trying to value their properties. I think I would find ZVUE more interesting, if they hadn't already crash and burned on the hardware side of the business.

8:02 AM  
Blogger MR WAVETHEORY said...

Thanks for the info on the spam campaign. I didn't know that they still did that.

I think it's a super hyped up story stock. Too hot for my taste.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home