Messing with Yahoo Mail - Cannot Add A Email to Yahoo ... The confirmation code you entered does not match our recordsposted by MR WAVETHEORY at 2/28/2007 06:51:00 PM
When you add a new email account to Yahoo, it asks you to verify the address with a simple code they emailed me. The problem is that Yahoo doesn't explicitly tell me that I can have at most 10 different email addresses using the service, so the system gave me an error when you verify your new account. Needless to say, I didn't even know that there was this limit or that I had hit the limit, so when I got this message, I was stumped.
You cannot add a new email to yahoo
There was a error: "The confirmation code you entered does not match our records"
Follow these steps EXACTLY - you are using a different address verification procedure from within your main account settings that does not have the error bug. Sorry for no screen shots... these pages have confidential info on them and I didn't have time to edit it all out.
Here’s the work-around:
1. Log into your Yahoo! Mail account.
2. Verify your password.
3. Click "Yahoo Groups: My Email Preferences”.
4. Click "Remove Email Address” on the far left. Verify your password again.
5. You will see a list of alternate email addresses that you have used in the past. Choose an alternate email that you would like to replace (you can re-add it later). It’s best to select an alternate email address that you have not used in quite some time.
6. Replace one of those addresses (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your new address and then hitting "Save Changes".
7. Go to your alternate email account and follow the instructions in the email address verification letter.
To re-add all other accounts:
1. Click “Mail Options” from your Yahoo! Mail account.
2. Click “Mail Accounts”.
3. Click the “Add” button.
4. Enter in an Account Name.
5. Enter in the “From Name”.
6. Enter in the “Email Address”.
7. Click “Continue”.
8. Click “Skip this Step”.