« Home | BigBand .... Going Public » | How a Bank Lost $200 million Online » | Club Penguin - A Very Successful Habbo Hotel Look ... » | Bank of America Goes Mobile: Is It Deja Vu All ove... » | Cingular to Launch Mobile TV - Bad News for MobiTV... » | Cisco Buys Social Networking Co Five Across » | Only in Iraq: World's Largest Secure Satellite VOI... » | Hot Vietnamese IPOs » | Virgin Goes Portal » | MySpace Defends User Domains »

February 28, 2007

Messing with Yahoo Mail - Cannot Add A Email to Yahoo ... The confirmation code you entered does not match our records

posted by MR WAVETHEORY at 2/28/2007 06:51:00 PM
I have several email addresses and one of things I use Yahoo mail for is to aggregate all the emails so that I can read them in one place. I also use it so that I can reply to different emails using different email addresses. I've had a problem adding a new email account to Yahoo Mail for the longest time and I just figured it out after searching relentlessly on Google.

When you add a new email account to Yahoo, it asks you to verify the address with a simple code they emailed me. The problem is that Yahoo doesn't explicitly tell me that I can have at most 10 different email addresses using the service, so the system gave me an error when you verify your new account. Needless to say, I didn't even know that there was this limit or that I had hit the limit, so when I got this message, I was stumped.

You cannot add a new email to yahoo

There was a error: "The confirmation code you entered does not match our records"

The Solution:

Follow these steps EXACTLY - you are using a different address verification procedure from within your main account settings that does not have the error bug. Sorry for no screen shots... these pages have confidential info on them and I didn't have time to edit it all out.

Here’s the work-around:

1. Log into your Yahoo! Mail account.
2. Verify your password.
3. Click "Yahoo Groups: My Email Preferences”.
4. Click "Remove Email Address” on the far left. Verify your password again.
5. You will see a list of alternate email addresses that you have used in the past. Choose an alternate email that you would like to replace (you can re-add it later). It’s best to select an alternate email address that you have not used in quite some time.
6. Replace one of those addresses (you@domain.com) with your new address and then hitting "Save Changes".
7. Go to your alternate email account and follow the instructions in the email address verification letter.

To re-add all other accounts:

1. Click “Mail Options” from your Yahoo! Mail account.
2. Click “Mail Accounts”.
3. Click the “Add” button.
4. Enter in an Account Name.
5. Enter in the “From Name”.
6. Enter in the “Email Address”.
7. Click “Continue”.
8. Click “Skip this Step”.

Previous Posts

3 Comments:

Blogger mrstonecmf said...

Have followed the instructions but when I click to delete there are no boxes to click and the screen jumps to another page which has nothing to do with the problem of verifying email addresses or deleting email address etc.

What an unnecessary mess!!!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I have followed steps...I clicked the link from your information to get to the google groups and see my old accounts I want to delete, however when I go to delete, it makes me resign in....then I cannot navigate back to that orignal page. All I want to do is delete some accounts...I have dealt with this in the past, and it has been nothing but frustration across the board.Errrrr.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Indigo said...

This thing works, this person just didn't do a good job at explaing. Let me try. click on the link this person provided in this post to go to the e-mail preferences for yahoo groups. Then click the Add/remove e-mail link on top of your list of already verified e-mails. This will take you to the list of e-mails associated with your yahoo account that have nothing to do with the pop e-mail checking feature. Add the e-mail address that would not take your verification code to this section. It will send you a link to click on to verify that e-mail address. Once you do this, THEN go back to your original e-mail with the verification code and use this code to verify the address for use in the pop-email checking section. I hope that was more clear. It worked for me. For a while I didn't understand what this person was trying to say. but basically you are going around the 10 e-mail address limit for checking pop e-mail accounts by adding the e-mail address to your over-all yahoo account (not just in yahoomail) then this allows you to add and verify that email account like you normally would in the pop-email checking section.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home