« Home | Anti-Capitalist - A Conference Against Capitalism » | Venture Capital and Private Equity Compensation 20... » | Google AdSense : We Make Your Life More Difficult » | Hello world. I'm Barak Obama and I'm Running For P... » | Is MySpace the New Net Nanny? » | Slim Pickings for T. Boone Pickens - No $70 Oil. A... » | Family Advertising Data 2006 » | How to Drop a $200 Million Brand » | Private Equity Guru: Would You Buy Ameriquest? » | Does MySpace Have a Shot at Mixi? »

January 21, 2007

How to Get More Space on Yahoo Mail?

posted by MR WAVETHEORY at 1/21/2007 09:20:00 PM
I'm running into a ceiling on Yahoo Mail and it's becoming a real pain. Every couple of days, I'm running into the ceiling - or close to it - which means I have to delete the junk mail in my inbox. I wish they would give me more space. Does anyone have luck with getting more space or is the 2GB limit a hard limit? I would be curious to hear from those of you who are more tech savvy.

I checked Gmail and it looks like the limit there is 2.8 GB which is great, but judging from the rate at which I receive mail, that might only last a few months. Hmmm. Who can solve my problem? Please raise your hand.

Previous Posts

7 Comments:

Blogger vivpuri said...

Maybe you should checkout hosted Zimbra that can go for all the space on the disk. Also Sprouit.com is a nice option. Microsoft might come up with something in the spring.
http://liveside.net/blogs/main/archive/2006/12/28/windows-live-mail-plus-to-offer-4gb-storage.aspx

10:54 AM  
Blogger MR WAVETHEORY said...

Thanks for the tips. I checked them out but one big question remains. If I use these, how do I migrate my mail?

4:03 PM  
Blogger David said...

Greetings...I really enjoy your blog, and hope this comment helps.

I spoke to the Yahoo customer service folks twice about this (getting them on the phone ain't easy!)....and they said, no way, no how. You have my empathy.

One possible solution (the one I opted for) is to setup a different email account (I chose GMAIL and can't imagine ever not having it now...it rocks!)....and then login to your Yahoo account, go to settings, and simply forward all incoming email to your new account. (No POP3 crapola...just simple forwarding.)

Then export your Yahoo contact list to your hard drive....and then import it into your GMAIL.

Then setup GMAIL "accounts" so that you can send emails from your old Yahoo email user name.

Ahhhh....and you can still mail out from Yahoo Mail even if you are at your limit for storing inbound mail.

At this point...as long as you remember to login to Yahoo Mail every so often....your account will be preserved "forever" and although you can't export your saved/old mail from the Yahoo account.....you can access it anytime you need to, just by logging in.

Good luck!

CHEERS!

David

2:22 PM  
Blogger Muhammad Feriyanto said...

Thank you for the information, I think this article is very useful for all who read it.
Daftar Yahoo Mail
.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Fangyaya said...

nike nfl jerseys
beats wireless headphones
louis vuitton handbags
michael kors handbags
tods outlet
mont blanc pens
true religion outlet
ray-ban sunglasses
toms outlet
timberland boots
coach outlet store online
burberry outlet online
coach outlet store online clearances
jordans
coach outlet store online clearances
nike air max
louis vuitton outlet
oakley vault
air jordan pas cher
gucci outlet
fitflops sale clearance
celine handbags
gucci outlet
michael kors handbags
cheap oakleys
ralph lauren clearance outlet
michael kors handbags
adidas shoes
ray ban sunglasses
tory burch outlet
coach outlet store online
designer handbags
coach outlet store online clearances
mont blanc
louis vuitton bags
kate spade handbags
north face outlet
kate spade outlet
abercrombie & fitch
air jordans
20167.8chenjinyan

12:58 AM  
Blogger Annie Coates said...

Yep! you can do it
yahoomail new account

12:17 AM  
Blogger dada24 Xu said...

red bottom heels
ugg boots outlet
uggs
discount oakley sunglasses
hugo boss outlet online
louboutin outlet
louis vuitton
converse uk
cheap ugg boots
birkenstock sale
zhi20161219

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home