« Home | Chinese Bank Manager Absconds with 2.6 Million in ... » | Million Dollar Watch Goes for Half Price at Amazon... » | Chinese Actress Zhang Yu Exposes Casting Couch Ses... » | Watch the Warren Buffett CNBC Interview With Liz ... » | Pundit Says Short Handheld Entertainment. I Say Ba... » | Google Plays Doctor » | Extortion Edition: Jessica Wolcott's Husband Speak... » | How JP Morgan Made $750 Million by Pushing Amarant... » | China's Youngest Tycoon Gets Life in Prison » | Phone Sex Bill Drives 14 Year Old To Suicide »

December 09, 2006

Jeff Bezos You Just Lost Your Biggest Fan. Amazon.com Inc. Affiliate Program Is A Scam

posted by MR WAVETHEORY at 12/09/2006 04:08:00 PM
I have been running Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq AMZN) affiliate ads on my site ever since I was invited to joing the program. In fact, when Omakase links launched, I wrote a glowing review of the new Amazon Omakase links program which serves contextual ads to my blog. In fact, I still have it on my site. However, lately, I have been very disappointed by the business practices of Amazon affiliate program. I believe I am being scammed by Amazon.com. Inc.

My affiliate commissions are not truing up. Typically, I check my Amazon.com affiliate reports twice each day, usually early in the morning when the day is over and then in the middle of the day around noon. Lately, I've noticed that the two reports have been different depending when I run them. At first, I didn't believe that Amazon.com could possibly be scamming me for a few dollars. After all, my commissions have never amounted more than a few dollars a day. However, I noticed so many times that my reports were different based on the time I logged in, that I decided to take screenshots to prove to myself that I wasn't just being paranoid.

Here's a screenshot I took earlier this morning of my affiliate commission for December 8th, 2006 which is yesterday. You can see that the total earnings for December 8th, 2006 came out to $17.91. The total number of items shipped was 18 orders.
I ran the same report again this afternoon and the total earnings for the day were $0. The total items shipped was 0 orders.Seeing is believing and I can't believe my eyes. The same report now says that I earned $0 after telling me that I earned $17.91 earlier in the day. I don't intend to get rich from the Amazon.com affiliate program, but I hate being scammed. Like many bloggers, I put alot of passion and time into writing my blog. My blog is a way for self expression. I do it because it's fun. Being scammed by Amazon is not fun.

I am so surprised that Amazon.com is scamming me this way. I was a big fan of the Omakase links program since it launched, because I saw Amazon as an underdog seeking to provide an alternative solution in the contextual advertising market which has been cornered by Google. However, after this experience, I don't know what to think about Amazon.com. Maybe Amazon.com is just another big bad corporation. With this bad experience behind me, I am seriously rethinking whether I want to be a publisher in the affiliate game. (Read about the BlockBuster affiliate scam.) Jeff Bezos, you should be ashamed, because you just lost your biggest fan.

Previous Posts

11 Comments:

Blogger Davis Freeberg said...

First Blockbuster, now Amazon. You might be better off cutting out the affiliate networks and selling your own ads with all the trouble you are having.

I've read that Shopping.com pays the most, but I can't remember where I saw it. Supposibly it's because people make more purchases when they click.

If it turns out that Blockbuster does end up scrwing you on their affiliate program you should sell Netflix ads just out of spite.

7:04 PM  
Blogger MR WAVETHEORY said...

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to try out Shopping.com. I hope they are better than Amazon.com.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

From the Associates discussion boards, http://forums.prosperotechnologies.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=am-associhelp&msg=17276.1&ctx=8192. Reports during December are not updated until the afternoon because of the volume of orders. Until reports are updated in the afternoon for the prior day's orders, quarter-to-date data is displayed.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Yeah, you probably did not have any commissions on 12/8. So when the data got loaded for that day it shows $0 commissions. You've probably made $17.91 in commissions since 10/1.

8:15 AM  
Blogger MR WAVETHEORY said...

It is totally unclear to me why Amazon cannot do realtime reporting when AdSense is near real time. I guess this clears the confusion. I think it would serve Amazon well to at least make it very clear what they are doing. They really should post it on the associates home page or dash board. I would have never guessed the reason why my reports weren't trueing up.

I guess the real reason for the $0 is that the amazon affiliate code is not converting very well. I have been playing with the UI and placement to no avail. What can I do to improve the conversion?

2:36 PM  
Blogger dt said...

I noticed this issue also. Sorry to disappoint you, however it is because amazon has multiple servers and some of them are updated sooner than others. eventualy they all contain the same reports. but in the period between 6am and 7am you may get different reports everytime you reload the page.

7:06 PM  
Blogger cristian said...

There are many afflilate programs scams, and there always will be because a successful business always will find pretenders of scamming people in their own interest using a text or program for a successful business.
____________
Affiliate Network

9:39 AM  
Blogger Abid's Adsense Treasure Website Package said...

Auto Tweet Generator Software!

Autopilot Twitter Marketing Just Through One Software!

Tweeting When You're Away From Your Computer Has Never Been Easier!

"Discover How This Twitter Schedule Tweets For You On Autopilot Mode"

Sit Back And Relax And Give Your Twitter Followers Valuable Content
While You're Away.... That'll Turn Them Into Raving Fans..

-> Manage your Twitter postings and schedule multiple posts in just seconds easily!

-> Set the time, edit and import messages in just a few clicks of a button!

-> Think about the time saved on making changes without having to log into Twitter!

-> Twitter marketing made easy because you can track your tweets through one software!

-> Gain rapid exposure through Twitter without having to physically be involved in tweeting all day!

-> It automatically submits your messages to Twitter while you focus on more pressing matters!

If You Can Click, Copy, and Paste, You Can Use "TwitterBuzz Auto Tweet Generator!

So go ahead! and Click Here to Download Your Software immediately...





Auto Tweeter Bot

Tweet Automator

Automated Twitter Tool

An Automated Tweeting Solution

Automatic Tweet

1:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hollister clothing
red bottom shoes
oakley outlet
jordan retro 11
jordan retro 11
adidas outlet store
coach factory outlet
celine handbags
abercrombie store new york
fitflop
kobe bryant shoes for kids
air jordans
louis vuitton
jordan 4s
cheap oakley sunglasses
abercrombie and fitch outlet
christian louboutin
true religion outlet
cheap nfl jerseys
ray-ban sunglasses
louis vuitton outlet
burberry handbags
oakley sunglasses
true religion
michael kors
coach factory outlet
christian louboutin sale
air max uk
replica watches
polo ralph lauren
hollister jeans
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton handbags
red shoes
michael kors outlet online
hollister clothing store
20150625xiong

7:48 PM  
Blogger Fangyaya said...

hollister outlet
nike roshe runs
michael kors outlet
lebron 12
nike outlet store
nike trainers
juicy couture
coach factory outlet
air jordans
louis vuitton
kate spade handbags
oakley sunglasses
polo shirts
giuseppe zanotti sneakers
cartier watches
nike free run 2
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton handbags
louis vuitton outlet online
coach outlet
coach outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
hollister clothing
jordan 4 toro
kevin durant shoes
supra sneakers
louis vuitton
jordan 11s
coach outlet online
coach outlet store online
oakley outlet
louis vuitton
polo ralph lauren
michael kors outlet online
true religion jeans
coach outlet
louis vuitton handbags
celine outlet
pandora jewelry
coach outlet
20167.8chenjinyan

1:26 AM  
Blogger JohnrMunozas said...

After downloading sitew.in/ and install the APK documents, dual click on Go Here the APK file as well as you'll see the Download Fildo APK for Android, iPhone/iPad & PC BlueStacks emulator will certainly open up the APK apply for you.Fildo App You've successfully mounted the Fildo app and Fildo also using it on your computer.

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home