« Home | Yahoo should be invited to the World Economic Foru... » | Is it Over for FaceBook? Losing 10% of Users » | US Spys Create Their Own Wikipedia » | The Odds of Making Partner at Goldman Sachs » | Time to Buy Some Akamai » | American Express Enlists Small Time Bloggers » | Garmin Pays Employees Big Bonus » | A BlockBuster Idea » | Website Address in Non Latin Characters? » | Get Seed Funding Today »

November 01, 2006

Be Best at Something

posted by MR WAVETHEORY at 11/01/2006 05:02:00 PM
This is a great post on how to build a successful startup company.

You want to pick the #1 problem that you solve and be the absolute best at solving it. This way, when someone says "I have X problem" the default company everyone thinks of is yours.

Here are some examples:

"I have a database problem" = go to Oracle
"I have a networking problem" = go to Cisco
"I need to sell something on the Internet" = go to eBay
"My cell phone is dropping calls" = go to Verizon
"I need a portable music device" = iPod
"I need a photocopier" = Xerox (this worked for them years ago, then they started to dilute their core message and competitors quickly stepped in with a vengeance)

Previous Posts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home