Amazon.com Upgrades Astores Betaposted by MR WAVETHEORY at 10/12/2006 08:51:00 AM
Dear Amazon Associate:
As an aStore Beta participant we thought you'd like to know that the Associates team has released some updates to aStore that provide improved control over the layout and navigation of your store.
Features in this release include:
- For those of you linking from your website to your aStore rather than embedding it, we have added the capability to put a link back to your website in the store navigation.
- Advanced users can now remove both the header and category navigation when embedding the aStore within existing websites.
- The custom product description length has been extended, allowing you to say more about the products you recommend to your customers.
- Product detail pages now display a "crossed-out" list price followed by the Amazon.com price.
- The page title in the browser now displays the name of the aStore combined with the category name or product name, making aStore more search-engine friendly.
- Our development team is still hard at work building the capabilities to allow you to build multiple aStores, use the same category multiple times, and specify products to feature on category pages. We are excited about the way the next version is coming together and look forward to sharing it with you in time for the holidays!
These changes are additional features that will not affect your current aStores. However, we encourage you to visit Associates Central to take advantage of the new aStore features. Thanks for all the great work you have put into your aStores so far!
The Amazon Associates Team