« Home | Japanese MySpace, Mixi, Doubles on IPO Worth $1.9 ... » | Weekend Headlines » | Real Networks Launches China Portal » | Good News for VCs and Web 2.0 Companies: Viacom Lo... » | Average Comp at VC Firms: $770,000 » | Mobile Consolidation Game Has Begun with WiderThan... » | Goldman Sachs Hedge Fund Blows Up - Down 10% in Au... » | Blog Your Way to Haut Couture » | Bid on Warren Buffett's Lincoln Town Car on eBay » | Apple Movie Store: Does It Make Sense to Buy Movie... »

September 17, 2006

Sunday Reading from IBD: Gen Y Workers, ICE, and Multimedia E-mail

posted by MR WAVETHEORY at 9/17/2006 03:29:00 AM
I've been flipping through the IBD this weekend and noticed some interesting articles.

1) ICE, previously backed by TA Associates, is acquiring NYBOT, the New York Board of Trade, for $1 billion. I think it's a great deal and really expands the scope of the ICE business which today is so petro focused that the diversification which NYBOT brings makes a lot of sense.

2) Managing Generation Y Worker talks about how 20 somethings want a independent flexible work environment and are contributing greatly to many professional firms and taking on responsibility very quickly and faster than the boomer generation.

3) Multimedia E-mail. I think actually think this article is somewhat inappropriate. It talks about Fun Web Products, owned by IAC InterActive, and HotBar as e-mail special effects companies that add cool pictures and images to your emails. Wrong. Ever wonder why you get popups after you install their software? Answer: Fun Web Products and HotBar are spyware vendors!

Previous Posts

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

4:25 PM  
Blogger Liam said...

Totally agree with you with regards to Fun Web Products.

The FunWebProducts Detection and Removal remains the most popular page on my tips page.

3:13 AM  
Blogger Microsoft Office 2007 said...

Microsoft Office 2010
Office 2010
Office 2007
Microsoft Office
Microsoft Office 2007
Office 2007 key
Office 2007 download
Office 2007 Professional
Windows 7
Microsoft outlook 2010

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home