September 26, 2006
Microsoft's social networking site Wallop has raised $10 million. The investors are Norwest Venture Partners, Bay Partners and Consor Capital. This is just one week following Soapbox's launch. You can bet the Wallop spinoff is a sign of more Microsoft spinoffs to come. Microsoft is a hotbed of innovation trapped inside a big software company waiting to be unleashed. I would bet there is more to come. I can just see a line of VCs waiting to invest in these Microsoft spinoff companies.
- Apple Plans to Ship 25 Million iPhones
- Homework Assignment : Analyze FaceBook.
- FaceBook Battle - Speculation of Turf War at Yahoo...
- How to Invest In China Stocks? How Chinese Compani...
- ICE was Accomplice in Amaranth Blowup
- Fidelity Screws Over Customers on DivX IPO
- DivX Inc Opens at $19.50 UP +21%
- DivX Inc IPO Going Crazy
- DivX Inc Pre-Open at $21
- Company Admits Backdating Options of Dead CEO of C...