| Hedge Funds - The New Dot Com? »
Mark Cuban Says Online Video Is Not a StandAlone Business "YouTube is a Waste of Money"
posted by MR WAVETHEORY at 9/29/2006 05:05:00 AM
Mark Cuban who sold Broadcast.com to Yahoo! Inc (Nasdaq YHOO) talked about online video at Advertising Week 2006. You might not always agree with Mark Cuban, because Mark has controversial views. Here is the video of the Mark Cuban interview. Mark thinks:
Mark's words of advice to advertisers.
- "YouTube is a waste of money"
- "MySpace is plateauing"
- "People are getting caught up in the excitement"
- "Programmers have to be careful diving in always expecting money to be there."
- "Just like the early days of the internet, people getting caught up in hits, people are measuring streams rather than full views."
- "What Yahoo and America Online are doing are not really that bad."
- "The reason YouTube is having all these commercial discussions is that the cost of bandwidth is enormous."